Thursday, June 3, 2010

Can you say EXHAUSTED!

Last night as it rained and the thunder and lightning shook my home and my kids, I came to the realization of how much my kids love and need me. They of coarse cried and I ran in to save them. Zoe the middle child looks up at me and says "Mommy i don't like that rain noise, it's scaring me" I picked her up and just took her with me to my room. Mind you my kids do not ever sleep with us. We just never wanted to start that habit. So, while I laid Zoe down I heard the older one whimper so i rushed in and realized there was no way i could fit all four of us on the bed so i just laid next to her and said a little prayer for her. As I finished my prayer and she fell back to sleep, you guessed it right, my baby Chloe woke up, so I rushed in to rescue her and as I picked her up out of her crib she squeezed my neck. She is only 11 months old and I had not felt her give me such a great hug like that.... EVER! And even though I could hardly keep my eyes open much less walk since I was so exhausted I was finding my self enjoying those precious moments.

In the meantime, Robert finally realizes what is going on and takes Zoe back to her bed and I laid Chloe down next to me. She was so cute while she laid there with me. She just cuddled up right next to me and with a big smile just stretched her little arm across my chest and laid there motionless...i guess that was to make sure i was not going anywhere.

How awesome it felt to be needed and loved at the same time.

I said all that to say, God is not indifferent to our needs. He wants us to cry out to him for help in our time of need whether big or small. His word says, "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16. Not only does He want us to come to Him, but He wants us to come boldly. That means we come with confidence and assurance that He will respond to our needs with grace and mercy. His heart probably jumps to hear our every thought and prayer and is ready to help us.
We should remind ourselves that our needs are an opportunity to discover how much God DESIRES to help us.

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.” Psalm 46:1,2





No comments:

Post a Comment